dinsdag 28 maart 2023

True tales of Thailand life I / BREAK ON THROUGH



 

 Pattaya 
Shared with Your friends
Friends
True tales of Thailand life: I
BREAK ON THROUGH

Weird scenes inside the gold mine...The full moon in Pattaya brought some strange events yesterday:
A fall off the fence in the night after one drink too many and without a key somehow, the iron grid was slightly bent. Deep apologies- Japanese style- and a steep 500 baht repair fine the next day. Then 5 hors of sleep and no workout in the morning.
Then a Thai lesson at 11.00 and I learned many useful expressions ( please be polite, your service is under par, I am sorry for you but...etc). And an invitation to come with and observe a student ( Japanese!) on SAT for an English lesson.
In the PM I visited the former manager in a nursing home. Miracuously, he is still aliveafter dengue fever , a hospital infection and a major 6 week coma,. And he is determined to live on, somehow. I have to say that this was a major compassion experience for yours truly...
On the way back, my friend Rick, a talented Dutch musician, warned me about working here, the local contracts and the issues surrounding business here (visas, permits, fines, and labor issues). That was another warning: international schools only if I am going to teach herein the future.
So no drinks at night, a light meal and a Zolpi set me straight with 10 hours of sleep for today. I am looking forward, and grateful that I did not sustain any injuries yesterday. First of all : putting the bike in order and a test drive this morning.
To conclude : I am now ready to take off and leave Sodom, which is exactly what I experienced the last time I was here after 10 days. I feel I can go deeper into the heart of things now, instead of skimming the surface here. Deeper into the heart of the goldmine, to speak with my old friend Jim , whom one could almost imagine encountering here on the beach...at night under the full moon.
And then Jim would probably hum, in that insanely cool voice of his :

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

True tales of Thailand life I / BREAK ON THROUGH

  Ivar Brinkman  is  feeling lucky at  Pattaya Beach, Thailand.    ·  Pattaya    ·  Shared with Your friends True tales of Thailand life: I ...